Hallo! Wir verwenden Cookies auf dieser Website, um den Betrieb unserer Website und zu Analysezwecken zu unterstützen. Weitere Informationen zur Verwendung von Cookies und Ihren Cookie-Optionen finden Sie hier ! Durch die weitere Nutzung unserer Dienste stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu.
Mechanical Engineer - Plastics
PopSockets is currently accepting applications from local candidates only
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative products that merge function with self-expression. The PopSocket is a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-hand holding for any mobile device. Its companion product, the PopSockets Mount, enables PopSockets users to attach their phones to their dashboards, bathroom mirrors, lockers and other surfaces for hands-free viewing. Customizable, re-positionable, and fun to pop, PopSockets embody the company’s mission to merge function with self-expression.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer - Plastics
General Position Summary:
PopSockets is looking for a seasoned mechanical engineer to help deliver the next generation of PopSockets products. Primary responsibilities include product design, development, quality assurance (QA), life cycle management, and project management. Process interaction extends from initial concept through final production. Emphasis is placed on working with the Design, Production, and Operations teams to deliver products that adhere to timelines, quality standards, functional and aesthetic requirements, and cost targets. The engineer in this position will continually strive to improve PopSocket’s products and the entire product creation process.
- Engineering degree and 5+ years of product design, development, and project management experience, with 2+ years of plastic part design and development experience.
- A proven track record of successfully taking part in and managing the development process for consumer and/or high volume parts.
- Knowledge of the development process from concept through production.
- Detail and process oriented, independent, and a self-learner. Proven initiative & problem-solving skills.
- Engineering documentation, quality assurance, and product testing experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often fast-changing environment with tight deadlines.
- SolidWorks, 3+ years experience. Proficiency in simulation packages, including plastics simulation, a plus.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Design, Development, and Testing:
- Design plastic parts using SolidWorks and other CAD software.
- Perform analyses for design for manufacturability and assembly (DFMA).
- Release 2D drawings to production and maintain 2D and 3D files over the product lifecycle.
- Assist in the design, development, and testing of new products and product features, with an emphasis on designing, developing, and testing plastic components.
- Conduct tests for feasibility assessment and part and assembly verification and validation. Perform physical testing on engineering prototypes.
- Establish and lead a product quality assurance and control process to ensure product integrity and quality in raw materials, prototyping, production, and final delivery.
Engineering Project Management (Product Development Process Management):
- Create, establish and adhere to a comprehensive master calendar and development process.
- Hold meetings for development progress, design reviews, and test reviews.
- Use a requirements-driven approach in combination with efficient feasibility testing to design the right product at the early phases of development.
- Maintain accurate and current files on all assigned parts being developed and produced.
- Effectively lead project management to bring products to market, and document the process.
- Establish and maintain project management plans, requirements specifications, product briefs, tech packs, verification/validation plans/reports, risk analyses, FMEA’s, engineering change orders, failure analyses reports, corrective and preventative action plans, and BOM’s, as required for each project
Sourcing and Vendor Communications:
- Source parts from and establish communications with overseas (Asia based) suppliers and factories.
- Maintain clear, timely, and effective communication with all applicable employees and factory partners in reviewing progress and resolving issues.