Hallo! Wir verwenden Cookies auf dieser Website, um den Betrieb unserer Website und zu Analysezwecken zu unterstützen. Weitere Informationen zur Verwendung von Cookies und Ihren Cookie-Optionen finden Sie hier ! Durch die weitere Nutzung unserer Dienste stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu.
Director of Mechanical Engineering
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. Our product is a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device. Customizable, re-positionable, and fun to pop, PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and magical products. The PopSockets San Francisco is office focused on Design & Development of our next generation products.
The Director of Mechanical Engineering at PopSockets can independently drive his or her own projects while also leading the rest of the Engineering staff. This individual also promotes cross-pollination between the various teams within our Design & Development department to ensure that all disciplines are heading along the same vector. You’ll work on evolving our engineering practices and philosophies, while pushing us to innovate and expand into new categories. Should be self-driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. This position is located in our San Francisco studio, which works with our headquarters in Boulder, CO.
- Manage the Mechanical Engineering team through long-term career development goals and day-to-day tactical initiatives
- Review deliverables from the ME team for accuracy and timeliness
- Partner with the ID team to ensure that all of our products will be manufacturable and robust once out in our customers’ hands
- Coordinate with EPM’s on schedules, milestones, and bandwidth for the ME team
- Design and develop products from concept through the prototyping and testing phases, into 3D models, and ultimately to production
- Tackle projects ranging from innovation and new product engineering to sustaining engineering and testing
- Build design guidelines and testing standards to increase the quality of our products and our speed of development
- Drive our Manufacturing team and our vendors to find the best solutions for each project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years of mechanical design work, preferably in high-volume consumer goods, consumer electronics, or accessories
- 3+ years experience managing/leading an Engineering team, including interview experience, hiring and performance reviews
- Experience building/growing a young Engineering team
- Proficiency with CAD tools (Solidworks or Creo preferred) for 3D design and 2D drawings, experience with surfacing is a must
- Understanding of GD&T and FAI processes
- Strong understanding of material properties and manufacturing techniques
- Ability to design testing procedures and establish testing criteria
- Embraces a hands-on approach with lots of quick prototyping
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%
How to Apply:
Please submit your résumé and portfolio (pdf or link) to HR@popsockets.com with the subject line “Director of Mechanical Engineering - Your Name”