Hallo! Wir verwenden Cookies auf dieser Website, um den Betrieb unserer Website und zu Analysezwecken zu unterstützen. Weitere Informationen zur Verwendung von Cookies und Ihren Cookie-Optionen finden Sie hier ! Durch die weitere Nutzung unserer Dienste stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu.
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative products that merge function with self-expression. The PopSocket is a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-hand holding for any mobile device. Its companion product, the PopSockets Mount, enables PopSockets users to attach their phones to their dashboards, bathroom mirrors, lockers and other surfaces for hands-free viewing. Customizable, re-positionable, and fun to pop, PopSockets embody the company’s mission to merge function with self-expression. We at PopSockets LLC value people with positive energy, and we strive to have our workplace be someplace that you're excited to go to in the morning.
Reporting to the CFO, the Corporate Controller will be the primary person responsible for providing day-to-day leadership for the company’s accounting operations and financial reporting obligations. The Corporate Controller will direct the company’s accounting and financial reporting policies in a manner that properly reflects the financial position of the company and is in accordance with US GAAP requirements. As a key member of the executive management team, the Controller will serve as the lead on building the accounting infrastructure, standardizing processes, ensuring tax compliance, and preparing analyses as needed for our rapidly growing company.
- Accounting Operations: Manage, coordinate and perform accounting organization operations, including general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, fixed asset management, tax compliance and reporting. Project and manage cash flow. Handle resolution of any complex accounting issues. Anticipate and evaluate business requirements to ensure processes, organization and financial systems appropriately evolve to support the business.
- Reporting: Lead the month-end and year-end close processes. Prepare timely internal and external financial reporting. Ensure appropriate GAAP compliance and integrity of the financial statements. Prior experience with banking (e.g. covenants) and outside investor reporting a plus.
- Internal Controls: Build upon internal controls and processes. Implement and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures. Drive process improvement at all levels of the finance organization, seeking opportunities to strengthen, streamline and safeguard as the company scales.
- Partnership: Work cross functionally with all departments to ensure managers have accurate information to manage their components of the business. Support other departments with financial information and reporting. Serve as the company’s expert for all accounting matters, partnering with other departments (Operations, Legal, Sales, IT, and HR) on structuring policies, and advising with respect to accounting and tax implications.
- Audit and Tax Compliance: Lead audit with external auditors. Lead timely filing of federal, state and city tax returns and other statutory filings.
- Vendors and Systems/ERP: Interact effectively with financial vendors, including banking services and auditors, in order to maximize the benefits of their services. Lead the implementation of ERP and systems that improve reporting capabilities.
- Leadership: Help build out the finance organization as the company scales. Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff members. Coach and develop the team to prepare for high growth. Drive performance, speed and accuracy. Build upon a team atmosphere and customer-focused culture. Manage tax and treasury functions.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Business degree with an emphasis in Accounting
- At least 3-5 years as a Controller level in a progressive accounting environment and 10+ years of total financial/accounting/business experience
- CPA (active or inactive)
- Must have working knowledge of GAAP and knowledge of full-cycle general ledger accounting and internal controls
- Specific experience with a manufacturing, high transaction business, consumer goods or retail/ecommerce company with inventory
- Experience working with international subsidiaries and/or entities and banking a plus
- Quickbooks (and other ERP) experience, Microsoft Office suite -- specifically Excel; Microsoft Dynamics experience is ideal
- Demonstrated working knowledge of IT systems and tools to benefit accounting operations
- Must thrive in a self-directed, fast-paced environment in a variety of rapidly growing and changing company
- Proven record of recruiting, managing, and motivating a financial accounting team
- Must be capable of being a strategic player while also diving deep on specific issues
- Cross-functional communication skills in solving problems and addressing roadblocks
- Possess problem-solving skills, attention to detail, timeliness and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of information, exercise good judgment and discretion in handling and disseminating information
- Sense of humor, personal integrity, and appreciation for the power of teamwork
This is an in-office, full-time position. Your pay would be competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include low-cost health, dental, and vision insurance.
To apply, email your resume and a brief insightful cover letter about why you might want (and be well-suited for) this job to ncollette[insert ‘at’ symbol]avlgrowth.com.